Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Etsy Vintage Shopping, Brass Deer


If you follow me on twitter you may have seen a late night post a while ago confessing to some late night Etsy Shopping and the impulse buy of some Brass Deer from Haven Vintage.  So, it was $40 for the two deer + $30 shipping to Canada (they are brass, therefore expensive to ship) I thought it was actually quite well priced, and sucked up the shipping cost. A few days later (yes, it was that quick) I got a knock at the door and a HUGE box was on my porch. It couldn't be the deer. But it was. They were about 3 times bigger than I had anticipated. (Late night shopping = not reading the product description fully) And I was in loooove. I think some red bows around their necks will be next!

16 comments :

Megan Elizabeth said...

They're adorbale.
How big are they?

Kelly @ JAX does design said...

They're fabulous! Great find - $70 in total is looking like a pretty awesome deal!

Tia Brumbelow said...

I saw your tweets, so funny! I think they were great buys =)

Michael and Sally Knight said...

Gorgeous!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I totally missed your tweet about these! They are so gorgeous! And what a deal! Oh Etsy!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

great find! loving brass everything.

christine, just bella said...

I love these! I can totally picture them in some swanky Christmas scarves!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

LOVE these! So fabulous, you'll love them forever. I have a trio of pewter reindeer that I'm smitten with.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I am picturing the table they are on as the floor of a room. They are REALLY big from that perspective. :)

Enjoy!

jbhat

Kerry said...

Oh Lindsay - I adore them! Great find!

L. Collins said...

These are great!! What was the name of the Etsy shop?? Love them!!

Andrea S. said...

Better than them being half the size you expected! Great find!

Steph @ BirdhouseFamily said...

Those are great!!! I found some cute brass birds at a local flee market and I love them too:

http://birdhousefamily.blogspot.com/2010/09/flea-market-finds.html

Lizinka said...

OH WOW! these are 100% worth $70!! How big are they? And what is the name of the etsy store? Fantastic find!!

Morgan said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to view this web site properly on saffari I believe there is a downside

Feel free to visit my web site: having trouble getting pregnant with second baby

Post a Comment